Speaking behind the scenes of our latest shoot, influencers Federica Delsale, Christoffer Barsø, Hsin Wei Ho e Nadya Hasan share their go-to tunes to get them in the mood for summer.
Whether you’re sunning yourself poolside or dancing around a festival field with wild abandon, nothing says summer quite like an upbeat song. But what to listen to this holiday season?
The stars of our latest campaign share their favourite tracks that capture the spirit of summer, so read on for the soundtrack to your next holiday.
Fashion star Nadya Hasan is a big fan of girl power: “Right now, I would say the song that really inspires me is 7 rings by Ariana Grande, because she gets what she wants, when she wants it.”
And songs that evoke the feeling of summer? “There’s a lot of Beyoncé in there, I have to say. I just love her; she’s amazing.
“When I think of a festival – and I think this was the last one I went to – it’s Beyoncé at The Carters concert last summer in Nice, so that was awesome.
“Some of Justin Timberlake’s songs are really like, summer songs too.”
Nadya is also “a bit old school so, when travelling, I really listen to Frank Sinatra – that old music kind of inspires me so I’m all about that right now.”
For Federica Delsale the track that inspires her the most is “Instant Crush by Daft Punk”, while Hsin Wei Ho would choose “She’s in Fashion by Suede”.
Mother-of-one Federica isn’t a regular when it comes to attending gigs and festivals, but she went to Coachella 2019 and really rated this year’s line-up.
“While I’m travelling, especially when I’m on a road trip, I love to listen to those songs that make me travel with my mind, such as Prayer in C by Robin Schulz, or maybe a less well-known Italian song,” she said.
Model Christoffer Barsø “loves the music where it’s stuck in my head. Because I’m just singing it all the time [and] it creates this feeling. If it can’t get it out, it’s just a part of me.
“On holiday I love listening to ‘still music’, it’s like relaxing, just laying with a drink in your hand at the beach or by the pool.”
- 7 rings di Ariana Grande
- Formation di Beyoncé
- Can’t Stop The Feeling di Justin Timberlake
- Sunflower degli Vampire Weekend
- Instant Crush dei Daft Punk
- Prayer in C di Robin Schulz
- She’s in Fashion degli Suede
- bad guy di Billie Eilish
- See You Again di Wiz Khalifa featuring Charlie Puth
- Feels Like Summer di Childish Gambino
- A Thousand Times di Ella Mai
- Island In The Sun degli Weezer
- Somebody Else di The 1975
- Electricity di Diplo featuring Silk City, Dua Lipa e Mark Ronson
- Tilted di Christine and the Queens
- Make Me Feel di Janelle Monáe
- Here With Me dei CHVRCHES
- Talk di Khalid
- The Less I Know The Better di Tame Impala
- Cranes In The Sky di Solange